Friday 28 August 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On

So, not being able to buy the camping equipment you so desperately need instantly is hardly going to shorten ones life. Admittedly it is frustrating from time to time, but there are so many other compensatory factors to living the life I do, that I shouldn't complain at the unsurprising difficulty in acquiring basic items like cocoa powder, contact lenses, fresh coffee or decent bread (go get a breadmaker because apart from Marrone Rosso cafe there isn't any in town). 

And when I have mornings like these, I simply go home, and get out my EESK (English Expat Survival Kit), pictured below. Nothing as restorative as a freshly brewed pot of builders tea, drunk out of my newly acquired summer present-to-myself mug: 


2 comments:

  1. Love the mug, and love the Denby blue pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iota. I love your blog, after you commented I clicked thru.

    ReplyDelete