Friday 20 March 2009

Unusual blockages


Having children definitely brings you into a world of strange situations. 

Today I was trying to print a recipe from the Children's BBC website for Sasha. We had plugged in the printer, loaded the paper, pressed to print and it whirled away. But nothing came out and then it told us there was no paper in the feeder. 

I reloaded the paper, pressed print again and the same thing happened. Strange. Looking to the feeder section, I could see these little grabby tooth type things sticking out which looked like part of the mechanism of the printer for picking up the paper and dragging it into the machine. I could see these teeth moving as the machine tried to take the paper so I put some paper between them to see if it would take it. 

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the printer's paper loading teeth were in fact the plastic legs of a small toy antelope that had somehow worked its way into the printer. Ha ha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment